We all know that ‘chocolate isn’t good for dogs,’ as the popular advertisement tells us, but do you know why? It is the theobromine in dark, milk, and white chocolate that can harm your beloved pet, but unsweetened cooking chocolate and dark chocolate are the most dangerous. If your dog does consume chocolate, they may suffer from diarrhea and vomiting, as well as much more serious health conditions such as convulsions, tremors, and heart problems. In some cases, dogs can even die from eating chocolate. Visit the vet with your pet if they eat chocolate, don’t take any chance.